Maryland Theme Park to Host Mr. America® 2016 All American Sports Festival™
Annapolis, MD – Six Flags America invites the public to celebrate health and fitness at The Mr. America® 2016 All American Sports Festival™ to be held at the park outside of Washington, D.C., on Saturday, July 2. With the mission of Lifting The Human Spirit®, the Mr. America 2016 All American Sports Festival will feature fun events and expos for the entire family. Whether you are a competitive bodybuilder, an athlete, a fitness enthusiast or someone just looking for a fun-filled weekend event, the festival has something for you!
The all-day event will showcase multiple athletic competitions, a Health, Wellness and Fitness Expo, VIP celebrity guests and judges, and world-renowned entertainers. Tickets to the festival on Saturday, July 2nd are $52.99 and include admission to the Six Flags America theme park and access to all of the park’s rides and amenities as well as access to the following events and activities:
- Huge Health, Wellness and Fitness Expo throughout the park
- Various athletic competitions for men, women and children
- Celebrity Sweat TV’s Interactive Wellness Fair featuring group workouts with fitness celebrities Billy Blanks (11 a.m. & 1 p.m.) & Les Mills (2 p.m.)
- Reserved seats for the Mr. America Contest (5 p.m. – 8 p. m.) featuring celebrity entertainers, VIP athletes and performers including:
- Full Force, Grammy-certified R&B/Hip Hop Artists (“House Party”)
- Grandmaster Melle Mel, Hip Hop Musician (“The Message” and “White Lines”)
- Marquese Scott, Animation Dancer
- Frank Chapman, Aerial Artist and Ringer Performer
- Ashanti Floyd, The Mad Violinist
- Frank Zane, Roger Callard and Ken Waller, Legendary Bodybuilders
- Franco Harris, NFL Hall of Fame Running Back
- Boyd Epley, Nebraska Hall of Fame Strength Coach and Founder of the National Strength and Conditioning Association
- Battle of the Bars, the World Calisthenics Organization’s Freestyle Bodyweight Competition
- Tiny Meeker, the World’s Strongest Bench Presser going for the World’s record by bench pressing more than 1,100 lbs.
- Fireworks display
- And more!
For the full schedule of events and activities or to purchase tickets, visit http://mramerica.freeplay.life
About the Mr. America® 2016 All American Sports Festival™
With its mission of Lifting The Human Spirit® and offering over $50,000 in cash and prizes, the Mr. America 2016 All★American Sports Festival will boast the coveted Mr. America Title along with Pro and Amateur bodybuilding competitions, multiple athletic competitions and a health, wellness and fitness Expo which all combine to make this event one of epic proportions. This is a drug tested event.
Today’s modern Mr. America title is awarded to the overall winner of our prestigious bodybuilding contest and continues to represent “America’s Best Built Man” inside and out – a well-rounded individual with symmetry, muscle, mindset, and moxie. He carries the coveted title for one year and serves as a representative of the Mr. America ideal and a role model for young and old alike to empower athletes everywhere to achieve their dreams. He is the perfect picture of Strength, Classic Aesthetic, Health, Wellness and Motivation to represent the best in American Fitness.
This year, the Mr. America 2016 All American Sports Festival is offering several competitions for men and women and including Classic Era Bodybuilding, Physique, Athletic Competition, All-Around Competition (Bodybuilding/Physique, Athletic, and Interview,) 5k Run, and Kids Push Ups contest. This expanded venue opens up opportunities for individuals of all ages and skill levels to compete in the best of American Fitness.
About Six Flags Entertainment Corporation
Six Flags Entertainment Corporation is the world’s largest regional theme park company with $1.3 billion in revenue and 18 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada. For 55 years, Six Flags has entertained millions of families with world-class coasters, themed rides, thrilling water parks and unique attractions. For more information, visit www.sixflags.com.